Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Smile

On the heels of a public dethroning so total, the Republicans are reeling today more than Kevin Federline. Even Rummy has up and left! Oddly enough, I can do nothing but Smile, which led me to a thorough re-evaluating of No Code. There is a tidbit of lyrics at the end of Who You Are, which repeats, "We make time for our own needs" which I am only now discovering and which points a fine point on the mass exitus in the House. Even Kerry Healy conceded as the polls closed in Massachusetts. In an attempt to be extremely picky, I too remember, friends and strangers alike, voicing their displeasure with Bush for all the wrong reasons. "He's so stupid, I'm smarter than him, how can I vote for him?" So you're not voting for him because of his eskewed beliefs? His irrational tactics? I heard an introspective interview on NPR last Sunday at work that I listened to straight through, and coudn't agree with more wholeheartedly. "George Bush is a likeable person. He is an affable guy. He doesn't read the newspapers. He doesn't pay close attention. Just a likeable person thrown into a situation that he could not handle and quickly lost control of. As a member of his advising team, I truly like him. As you would like an 47-year-old that cares about his family and just tries to get through the day. But he is simply not fit to be President."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home