Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hunky Dori


Faced with a life changing decision, I decided to completely ignore it and just be unfortunately emo today. I watched the Oakland A's battle the Minnesota Twins and listened to Beirut all day while writing a review of Saosin's crappiest and newest self-titled recordings.

After a good hard smoke, I realized that where I am emo, my parents were as much hippies; as I was named after a hard-ass 70s actor now still a hard-ass in his actual 70s, and my sister is named after David Bowie's actual best album, Hunky Dory, which precedes his 1972 masterpiece The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars. Not that that is relevant, but I just think its a really cool album title. I bet they never expected to live to see such a photo, when they named this little boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home